Level 3 Certifcate in BSL
We are currently accepting applications for September 2018!
We run two classes Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings starting in September 2017. Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment!.
The Level 3 Certificate in BSL qualification has assessments that are similar to Level 1 and Level 2, but they are far more demanding.
Students need to have obtained a Level 2 certificate in BSL or equivalent. Or who have good signing skill can attend an interview with one of our BSL assessors.
This qualification aims to further learners’ experiences and development in communication through British Sign Language (BSL) with Deaf people on everyday topics involving work and social contexts. A Level 3 course will enable development in functional BSL communication in more depth than at Level 2, requiring the ability to exchange, present and understand information, ideas, advice and opinions at normal speed, and also develop an awareness of cultural interaction with Deaf people who use BSL.
Units (subject to change):
• Understand and present information, ideas and opinions in a range of work-related and social contexts using BSL delivered at normal speed and in normally used social and work registers;
• Extract specific details and grasp overall meanings from a range of short passages in BSL delivered at normal speed and in normally used social and work registers, using varied language;
• Maintain business relationships and manage/follow uncomplicated negotiations relating to issues/concerns in your area of work delivered in BSL at normal speed and in normally used social and work registers;
• Take part in discussions relating to varied accounts, reports and instructions delivered in BSL at normal speed and in normally used social and work registers;
• Understand the main points and relevant details of news items, interviews, documentaries and social conversation delivered in BSL at normal speed and in normally used social and work registers, provided there are common interests;
• Develop interactive communication skills with Deaf people who have different cultural experiences and perspectives to your own and understand/appreciate why these differences exist.
Students can join the class on Tuesday evening or Saturday mornings.
To apply for the course, please download and complete the application form. (click here for application form).
Cost of Course taken in one academic year
30 week course - 2.5 hours per session - Course fee £787 + £123 (assessment and examination fee) The total cost of the course is £910. Payments can be made using credit or debit card.
The course fee can be paid in full or installment plan to be paid within four consecutive monthly installments as illustrated below:
Payment by installments for the complete Level 3 course 1st Installment £227.50 2nd Installment £227.50 3rd Installment £227.50 4th Installment £227.50 Total amount £910
If we do not receive your first payment before the course begins you will not be able to take your place. Course Fees are outlined on the Fee Schedule. Refunds will be made in the following circumstances – Course cancelation, withdrawal prior to commencement of course. No refund will be made to students who fail to attend classes.To download and read the Deaf First refund policy. Click here for the full details.
Successful candidates can progress to our BSL Level 6 Course.
If you require further information contact Deaf First
Email: bsl-df (AT) oaklodge.wandsworth.sch.uk ( Please replace (AT) with @)
Phone 020 8675 9751
Sms: 07481 569 295
Fax: 020 8675 7457