Deaf Awareness and Equality training will give you a better understanding of the barriers and challenges faced by Deaf and Hard of Hearing people on a daily basis. Our training will give you and your team strategies for overcoming communication barriers and confidence to interact with Deaf individuals.
Our trainers are experienced Teachers of the Deaf and Communication Support Workers who have specialist training and a wealth of experience in working with Deaf adults and young people in a variety of settings.
The sessions we run are :-
- An Introduction to Deaf Awareness (for support staff)
- An Introduction to Deaf Awareness (for teaching staff)
- Supporting Deaf Students on Mainstream Courses (a full day’s course for teaching staff)
- Developing Deaf Students’ Literacy Skills (for English-Literacy-ESOL teachers)
- Communication Tactics (for students)
… or please contact us to discuss your specific requirements of your organisation or groupApply Now